The BCHS Band meets everyday during 6th/7th block and afterschool as assigned.
Warm-up Fundamentals #2
Supersound Warm-ups Unit 1
Prelude & Dance
Don't forget Playing test assigned on 8/19/19
Supersounds Warm-ups - Unit 1 - Concert Bb
SSB, MOKH, Fight Song, Bang Bang
Other Pep Band: Blitzkrieg Bop, Ballroom Blitz, Other(s)
PLAYING TEST COMING UP: Fight Song, and Concert Bb Major Scale (from Supersounds) from Memory
Warm-up / Technique
1)My Old Kentucky Home
Students receive handbooks / syllabus
Concert Folders Assigned
Review Rules & Procedures
Warm-up Fundamentals (1 from each section)
Practice / Rehearse
"My Old Kentucky Home"
1. I can play with a resonant tone
2. I can control and maintain my tone with air
3. I can play a clear tone
4. I can play with a focused sound
5. I can consistently play with a good tone
6. I can play with a warm tone
1. I can play each note within my range in tune.
2. I can play in tune within an ensemble.
1. I can play with rhythmic accuracy.
2. I can play each note and rest for its full value (duration)
3. I can maintain a proper pulse and steadiness within the written meter.
1. I can blend my sound into the qualities of the ensemble.
2. I can develop an understanding and awareness of the ensemble and the different parts being played.
3. I can determine whether I am playing melody, counter-melody, or accompaniment.
1. I can attack and release each note together with the ensemble.
2. I can control the sound within the full range of my instrument.
3. I can play my instrument with proper musical and mechanical skill.
1. I can develop an understanding of style within each piece of music
2. I can play and breathe with proper phrasing
3. I can maintain and change tempo when required by the music.
4. I can follow and play properly all dynamic markings
5. I can follow and play properly all articulation markings
6. I can involve emotion into my playing.
1. I can maintain my uniform and appearance to meet high standards for performance.
2. I can be professional during rehearsals and performances.
3. I can play my instrument with proper posture.
4. I can play my music memorized when required.
5. I can play my part at a mastery level alone or in a group.
6. I can develop good practice habits to achieve mastery of all above learning targets.